Dave’s article on CNBC Digital: “Invest the Time to Find the Best Financial Advisor for You”
Dave’s article on how to choose the best financial advisor was published on CNBC Digital on October 1, 2014.
Proper financial planning has the power to transform your life by reducing worry and establishing a workable path to your goals and dreams, but you need the right person to be your partner in this process. So what are you to do when the complexity of your financial life finally drives you to seek some professional financial help?
He summarized the key points in facilitating the search:
- Research – Get clarity about what you are looking for and what you expect to accomplish.
- Focus – Filter your options by considering financial advisors with the appropriate credentials.
- Interview – This is potentially the most important step in the process. Interview two to three candidates to determine the following:
- Can the financial planner address your particular issues?
- Does the financial planner work with people like you?
- Do you feel comfortable interacting with this person?
Financial planning, involving some of the most important issues in your life, is a deeply personal service and requires a solid, trusting relationship. So take the proper time to find an advisor you are comfortable with and one you feel will help you achieve your financial goals.