Emulating Janus’ Essence
At the beginning of a new year, it is not uncommon for companies to participate in visioning exercises to set goals for the next twelve months and to generate hope and excitement to tackle the year ahead. In fact, this practice corresponds well with the month of January which is named after the ancient Roman god Janus, the god of beginnings and transitions. His symbolism as the god of beginnings and transitions is emphasized by his name Janus, originating from the Latin word janua meaning “door”, and by his depiction as a man with two faces, one looking into the past and the other looking to the future.
At Yeske Buie, the team practices visioning exercises regularly throughout the year both as a collective group during our semi-annual staff retreats and individually with annual Vision and Goals meetings between the staff and Elissa and Dave. With our 2016 goals already in the works, we want to take a moment to look back, remember, reflect, and learn from our celebrations in 2015. Yeske Buie’s number one focus is always on our work with and for our Clients. In 2015, we had many recognitions and accomplishments that we think reflect well on our ongoing pursuit of excellence both individually and collectively.
Emulating Janus’ essence, we share a timeline of Yeske Buie’s 2015 Celebrations as an appreciation of 2015 and as an inspiration for 2016 and beyond. We hope you enjoy!
|(Click on image to enlarge)|
- February 6, 2015: Lauren Stansell Earns CFP® Certification
- After years of hard work, we are very proud to announce that Lauren Grove became a Certified Financial PlannerTM professional on Friday, February 6th.
- April 17, 2015: Elissa Shares the Live Big® Philosophy with Women’s Radio Network WRNW
- Elissa made an appearance on the Women’s Radio Network. The topic of Elissa’s show was one that is near and dear to Yeske Buie – what does it mean to Live Big®?
- May 1, 2015: Dave Appointed Golden Gate University’s Financial Planning Program Director
- Golden Gate University has announced that noted financial planner Dr. Dave Yeske, CFP® will become the Program Director for its Financial Planning program effective May 1, 2015.
- June 1, 2015: Dave Becomes Practitioner Editors of the Journal of Financial Planning
- Dr. Dave Yeske, CFP will become Practitioner Editor of the award-winning peer-reviewed Journal of Financial Planning effective June 1, 2015.
- June 18, 2015: Yeske Buie is Named to Financial Times Top 300 Registered Investment Advisors
- Yeske Buie is pleased to announce that it has been named to the Financial Times 300 Top Registered Investment Advisers list which recognizes top firms from across the U.S.
- June 23, 2015: Yusuf is Named Co-Chair of the Recent Alumni Board of the Pamplin College of Business
- The Pamplin College of Business at Virginia Tech has named Yusuf Abugideiri, CFP® as co-chair of its inaugural Recent Alumni Board effective June 22, 2015.
- September 28, 2015: Dave Speaks on a panel at FPA Annual Conference with other Experts on the Topic of Social Security.
- There is often a knowledge gap regarding Social Security strategies for hopeful retirees which can have a big impact. Dave gives his thoughts on the hot topic.
- November 7, 2015: Jen is the Chair-Woman of the 2015 San Francisco Financial Planning Days Event
- Members of our San Francisco Financial Planning team recently participated in Financial Planning Day, an event to provide the public with free financial advice.
- November 12, 2015: Yeske Buie is Awarded the 2015 Schwab IMPACT TrailblazerTM Award
- Yeske Buie was selected as the winner of the 2015 Trailblazer IMPACT Award, part of Schwab’s IMPACT Awards® program created to recognize excellence in the business of independent financial advice.
- November 23, 2015: Elissa Named to 2015 InvestmentNews Women to Watch
- InvestmentNews has named Elissa Buie to its inaugural Women to Watch list which honors female advisors who elevate the financial advice industry.
- Throughout 2015: Dave was quoted in a wide variety of media outlets including Kiplinger, San Francisco Chronicle, Huffington Post, US News and World Report, USA Today, CNBC, and more.
- Stay up-to-date on Dave and Yeske Buie’s presence in local and national media outlets on our YeBu in the Media page.