The Best of 2017
As we enjoy the final days of 2017, we thought we’d reflect on some of the best pieces from TheLiveBigWay® Digest over the past year. We have reviewed the Digest posts from 2017 and we share with you the five most popular posts from each of our categories. We hope you enjoy reading these pieces and we wish you and yours a restful New Year’s break and a happy and prosperous New Year.
Economy and Investing Posts
|Charts and analytical data on the tablet screen with a cup of coffee on a wooden vintage table.||Business vision concept vector||2016 review banner in wood type|
|1. The Coming Bear Market||2. Yeske Buie Investment Philosophy||3. Is the Stock Market Expensive?||4. Market Note: Dow 20,000|
- There will be a bear market, we just don’t know when, and nor should we care when, because it will only be a blip to be endured, not a permanent cause for harm.
- Learn how we implement our evidence-based process for assembling and managing client portfolios in this 19 minute video.
- The next time someone tells you that the “market” is expensive, ask them, “which market?”
- The Dow closed above 20,000 for the first time this past January. While 20,000 is just a number, seeing those four zeros excites the eye. But what does such a milestone portend for the future?
- From economics to markets to politics, 2016 provided one plot twist after another. As such, we offer a brief recap of what happened in the economy, the markets, and your portfolio, with a nod to the year to come.
Financial Planning Posts
|1. Cash Flow Trackers||2. Reviewing the Benefits||3. What is Wealth?||4. Assembling Your Financial First Aid Kit||5. Back to Basics|
- We take a look at one of the more popular cash flow tracking apps, Mint, and give our take on the service.
- We share a review of the benefits of renting and buying to consider when pondering this decision.
- What is wealth? We explore how the Social Progress Index is trying to redefine traditional measures for quality of life.
- Ensure your financial first aid kit is well-stocked for any emergency with our comprehensive checklist.
- We discuss the different roles and responsibilities that the beneficiaries (or any interested party) of a trust should be aware of.
Firm News and Events Posts
|1. Yeske Buie’s Live Webinars||2. Yeske Buie Special Events||3. Dave Receives the Profession’s Lifetime Achievement Award||4. Congratulations, Lauren and Daniel!|
- Our three three live webinars were very popular this year! We hope you will register for our upcoming webinar, 2018 Outlook: Through the Looking Glass, and check out the recordings of this year’s presentations – Will the Trump Administration be GREAT for Your Finances?, Around the World in 60 Minutes, and Housing Transitions in Retirement: It’s Your Move.
- We also hosted two events this year featuring guest presenter, Apollo Lupescu, PhD of DFA. Check out a recap of the events here: A World of Opportunity: The Evolution of Investing in Vienna, Virginia and Explore the Possibilities: The Evolution of Investing in San Francisco, California.
- In October, FPA awarded Dr. Dave Yeske the profession’s equivalent of a lifetime achievement award, the P. Kemp Fain Jr. award! Congratulations, Dave!
- We share pictures of the joyful newlyweds, Lauren and Daniel Stansell, and their loved ones engulfed in wedding bliss.
- The Yeske Buie team is overjoyed to share that Yusuf Abugideiri, Senior Financial Planner in our VA office, and his wife Maegan have just welcomed their first child!
Fun Stuff Posts
|1. Perhaps the Most Beautiful Flash Mob Ever…||2. Yeske Buie’s User Manual||3. Where in the World is the Live Big® Glass?||4. The Science of Happiness|
- Our good friend Ed Jacobson, PhD, author of Appreciative Moments, sent us a video we thought you’d appreciate. Elissa calls it “perhaps the most beautiful flash mob ever…”
- Yeske Buie’s User Manual is an interactive guide to all things Yeske Buie. Get information on everything from client services to “Why YeBu Clients are Elite”.
- We have been holding a campaign called “Where in the World is the Live Big Glass?” to show off our Live Big glass from all around the world.
- Recent research suggests that consciously expressing gratitude can powerfully enhance your happiness – learn more in this 7 minute video.
- We share an article that explores the things in life that bring and sustain happiness and suggests that spending money in more fulfilling ways can increase your happiness.
Yeske Buie in the Media Posts
|1. A New Financial Planning Framework for the Millennial Generation||2. Attracting Talent at Small Advisory Firms||3. Financial Behavior: Players, Services, Products and Markets||4. Ask the Experts: Budgeting for a Wedding|
- Yeske Buie is proud to support Yusuf Abugideiri, CFP® and Russell Kroeger, CFP® in their recently published work to service the next generation of financial planners and clients.
- An InvestmentNews article by Liz Skinner shares thoughts from Yeske Buie and other small advisory firms on the difficulties of attracting new talent.
- Elissa & Dave contributed Chapter 15 entitled “Psychological Aspects of Financial Planning” to the seventh text of the Financial Markets and Investment Series.
- Lauren Stansell provided her thoughts for an article featured on WalletHub.com sharing financial considerations during the wedding planning process.
- We share a collection of our networking efforts at the Financial Planning Association’s Annual Conference that attracted media attention.
|1. Your Identity: A Force to Be Reckoned With||2. Monitoring, Alerting, Locking, or Freezing||3. Cyber Spring Cleaning||4. Don’t Fall for the Imposter|
- Learn more about Yeske Buie’s agreement with IdentityForce to provide identity protection services to our Clients at a significant discount.
- Related specifically to this year’s Equifax breach, we share our thoughts on monitoring, alerting, locking, and freezing your information to keep your identity protected.
- When is the last time you “scrubbed” your digital life? We offer a cyber cleaning checklist to add to your cleaning initiatives.
- According to the Federal Trade Commission, complaints of imposter scams are on the rise. Arm yourself with the knowledge of current imposter scams.
- We share our thoughts on the importance of social media identity monitoring and IdentityForce’s new feature that can help protect your digital identity.